Home   Sport   Article

WATCH: Rothie Rovers reach Scottish Junior Cup last sixteen after incredible comeback from 3-0 down - Lossie United, Islavale and Burghead Thistle post big league wins

By Craig Christie

Register for free to read more of the latest local news. It's easy and will only take a moment.

Click here to sign up to our free newsletters!

Rothie Rovers are through to the last sixteen of the Scottish Junior Cup after an astonishing second half comeback from 3-0 down to beat Shotts Bon Accord.

More glory for Rothie Rovers
More glory for Rothie Rovers

The North Lanarkshire visitors appeared to cruising to victory at 3-0 up after 45 minutes - see highlights on Rothie Rovers Facebook below (Warning: abusive language on this video).

But former Buckie Thistle man Stuart Hodge netted a hat-trick after the break including a long distance free kick to level on 90 minutes.

And there were incredible scenes when Tom Ward muscled his way through in time added on to net a dramatic Rovers winner.

The Rothienorman side have been drawn at home to Bellshill Athletic in the fourth round.

New signing Scott Dunn made a big scoring impact for Lossiemouth United on Saturday.

The former Highland League hitman, fresh from a trial appearance for the coast team, signed during the week and starred in Saturday's 7-0 victory away to Glentanar.

Dunn scored within a minute and Lossiemouth loan striker Ross Archibald made it 2-0 a few minutes later.

Both players completed first half doubles to make it 4-0 and Dunn grabbed his third a few minutes after the break.

The Aberdonian hosts were overwhelmed as Callum Clark added a sixth and sub Ross Fiske completed the rout late on.

Burghead Thistle hit form in their Moray derby away to New Elgin.

Jamie Davidson converted a Harry Allen pass to give Burghead a 20th minute lead.

Allen then got on the scoresheet, weaving his way through from halfway to net a fine individual goal.

James Fraser made it 3-0, before running through and unselfishly setting up top scorer Kelvin Mackenzie to net on his 30th birthday.

Finally, Jack Lingard found the net after New Elgin had Ross Kelman sent off for a second yellow.

Islavale were 6-1 winners away to struggling Whitehills.

Ricky Henderson and Noel Scott had the Keith side 2-0 up within five minutes although Whitehills top scorer Godwin Aluka quickly pulled one back.

Finlay Milton made it 3-1 on 22 minutes and top scorer Brodie Christie added two more either side of half time before Fergus Edwards completed the scoring.

Forres Thistle slipped to fifth after being held to a 1-1 draw by Longside, Neil Owen getting the Jags goal.

An Owen Christie hat-trick helped Deveronside win 4-1 at bottom side Cruden Bay, Vinnie Ingleby sealing the win in the last minute.

Dufftown couldn't stop Championship leaders Banks O' Dee from making it ten wins out of ten with a 4-2 success at Spain Park.

Murdo Reid twice got the Toonsers back to within a goal of the Aberdeen side in the second half.

Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More