POLL: Do you think the Eat Out To Help Out Scheme should be reintroduced across Moray?
Get the Forres Gazette sent to your inbox every week and swipe through an exact replica of the day's newspaper
As lockdown restrictions are due to ease from April 26, should the UK Government reintroduce the Eat Out To Help Out scheme?
We want to find out what you think.
Would reducing the cost of meals help you get back out and about after the current lockdown?
If the suppression of the virus continues, the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said from April 26, outdoor hospitality can open till 10pm with alcohol permitted. Indoor hospitality will also be permitted without alcohol, and will close at 8pm. Social mixing in indoor public places will be subject to a maximum of four people from up to two households
Many places across Moray took part in the scheme last August, which saw customers get 50 per cent off food and drink, up to a total of £10 per person, on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
There were mixed reviews of the scheme.
In the Highland News and Media office we took phone calls and received emails from across the area, which in equal measure praised and berated the scheme.
Some thought the scheme should only be offered to UK nationals, others said it should only be offered to those who were local. On the other hand, restaurant owners said the scheme was too limited being only Monday to Wednesday, and that the discount was limited to £10, when people might have spent more if the discount was bigger.
When the government introduced the scheme last year it was in a bid to retain jobs and encourage people to return to the hospitality industry.
So what do you think? As restrictions ease, should the UK Government offer Eat Out To Help Out again? As well as taking part in our poll, please tell us what you think in the comments on social media.