Inspectors praise Dallas Primary School in Moray
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Have a look at our brand new digital subscription packages!
Dallas Primary has received a good report from Education Scotland
The following is an extract from the letter published by inspectors.
Key strengths of the school
- Articulate children who take great pride in their school, their local community and have high aspirations for their future. They work effectively together, support one another and demonstrate the school’s values well.
- The leadership of the school’s curriculum provides rich and relevant learning experiences. Children are developing skills well as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
- Children’s enjoyment of learning in a nurturing and inclusive learning environment. The supportive staff team ensures children are cared for and central to learning. Partnership working, visiting specialists and community involvement provide stimulating experiences for children to learn and develop.
Areas for improvement
- Continue to develop consistency in the quality of learning and teaching using approaches that meet the learning needs of all children.
- Continue to raise attainment including using effective monitoring and tracking of children’s progress through Curriculum for Excellence levels. Ensure improved reliability of teacher’s professional judgements about what children have achieved.
Education Scotland's full report can be read here