Namur is in the French speaking part of Belgium, and is know for its massive fortress, and war, but it is much more than this.
Published: Fri 12 Jan 2018
Part 2 of Ron Smith's story about Leeuwarden, the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands.
Published: Fri 29 Dec 2017
Leeuwarden is the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands. Read part 1 of travel writer Ron Smith's story of his visit there.
Published: Fri 17 Nov 2017
The previous Japan adventure was in the cities of Osaka and Kyoto, and from there it is easy to take the "Ocean Arrow" train to Kii Tanabe in Wakayama province. Wakayama means "poetry of the mountains".
Published: Fri 03 Nov 2017
Switzerland is such a land of contrasts, especially with its four languages. Each part fiercely speaks only its own language, to the exclusion of the other languages, apart from English, which they all seem to speak. It certainly makes it easier for us!
- Findhorn martial artist is a world champion
- Distillery expansion plans on display
- Macdonald Drive care home to close
- International visits to school of design
- Academy students give hut a much needed facelift
- Takeaway offers a festive giveaway to the needy
- Great eight sees Cans bounce into 2018
- School mathematicians win regional
- A Forres school is still four teachers short
- Deported teacher felt like a criminal